Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Questions from New York

My week is running dry and my mind is running on full. My mind has been saturated in so many things this past week: How to better disciple students; how to better be dependent on those around me; how to better live like Jesus Christ. Needless to say, I have been challenged quite a bit lately. We went up to NY for a Touch the World staff conference, and I came back wanting to make a difference, all over again.

This isn't something that died completely, but, sometimes, takes retreats like this to remind us of our passions. We sat there and looked through our ministry, from the ground up - as if we were starting new. What were the needs of our community? How could we better reach those needs? How could we better work together? What does it look like to be like Christ in all we do? Tough questions - questions that I'm still mulling over and trying to figure out. And so I'm at a time of transition; between old ideas and new ideas - or even just implementing old ideas to make them new.

It is an intense process, and I'm not even really sure how to put it down here. All I know is God has grabbed a hold of me all over again, and I have so much to learn and so much action to take in this all...

No comments:

Post a Comment