Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Daily Update (after missing three days)

Well, so much for updating this every day. The Internet here at camp is very sketchy so it is hard to even get online to update all of this. But anyway, here I am to share a bit:

Camp is already more than half-way done, and it is hard to imagine that in a few days it will already be over. The interactions that I am able to have with the kids here is awesome! I'm getting to know some of the Barn students so much more, and am seeing them connect with and make new friends here at camp. I'm excited to see where those friendships lead afterward.

This week has just been crazy! I've been planning for a huge day on Friday, where we will be playing 'The Amazing Race' with the kids. And so I've been spending a lot of the week putting info, and videos and stuff together for that. But also I've been able to participate in other fun days with the kids. Today we went to Beltzville State Forest and had a 'Pilgrims Progress' day. Basically, this day consisted of the students having to travel around the park and find heaven. Along the way there were people to distract and lie to them (trying to keep them from getting to heaven) and people who were trying to help them find salvation. I got to be one of the deceivers and it was really fun. I pray that not only the images of the day stick with the students but the whole concept of the day.

Overall camp has been amazing and it is clear that God has been doing a great work here through Del (the camp speaking) and in the lives of so many students. Please continue to be praying! God has put a few students on my heart that I long to really pour into. Please pray that I can do this more effectively and that everything goes smoothly these next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment