Friday, August 26, 2011

Coming Together Well

This week has been good to me. Not only have the wheels started turning pertaining to the new school year, things just seem to be working out left and right. What are those things? I'll make you a list:

1. On Tuesday I went out to get the mail and found that I was sent a card. I was super stoked because I don't often get cards. I didn't know who it was from, because it had no return address, but it seemed a bit heavier than normal. Not really thinking too much about it, I opened it up and into my lap fell six 50 dollar bills and one 10. Someone, I'm yet to know who, decided to send me $310, and in the card was written, "Go fix your Mac." I tried playing Sherlock Holmes to figure out who it was, but to no avail, so whoever you are, thank you. (P.S. Next time you send money of the sum, it might not be good to send it in cash haha). On Wednesday I took my Mac in to get fix and I should have it back in about a week.

2. On Tuesday afternoon (12 noon to be precise) I met at Snydersville Diner for a Youth Workers Fellowship. A while ago God placed in my heart a desire to see some of the local churches better unified, and so I was super stoked to be able to meet with some local youth workers. Not only that, but 5 of them said they cou

ld probably make it (which is actually pretty unusual). I got to the diner, had a table set up in the back, and waited. One by one they started showing up, until there were 5 of us (including myself) ready to just enjoy each others fellowship. It was an amazing afternoon. The cool thing about it is that I made sure it is intentionally unstructured, and because there is no structure the meeting was very organic. Questions flooded the room, along with introductions and stories about where everyone grew up. It really was an amazing time, and I love those 4 guys who showed up (and the one who couldn't make it). I remember getting in my car afterward and heading home quite encouraged... (but some how I missed the earthquake that happened at the same time, so I was kind of bummed as well ha).

3. I got a flyer finished. On the weekend of September 16th-

18th there is going to be a wicked awesome retreat at Bowman Park Camp, and I was asked to make a flyer up for it, so this is what came out:


Pretty cool huh? Our theme this year is 'Light' so in thinking of a title I came up with 'Shine Bright', because the flyer is supposed to look like its on a 'Light Bright'. I fear none of the kids will know what a 'Light Bright' is, but I still have mine and will cherish it forever... though I haven't used it in like 10 years.

4. The curriculum for the guys mentor group is coming along nicely as well. I lost 4 lessons when my Mac died on me, but luckily I still had the notes for 2 of them and was able to catch back up. This is is going to be pretty awesome, I can just feel it. God has been placing new direction for the group on my heart and I'm excited to see where he takes it. Pretty soon we should be started and talking about how we want to move toward this new direction.

5. In a week, on September 2nd, the Barn will have a booth at the West End Fair, so I've been brainstorming ideas for a flyer for our Mystery Night at the Barn on Oct. 29th that we can hand out at the fair. Though I didn't get this done cause I was working on the camp one.

6. Today I found wild grapes in the field, while checking out the peaches on the peach tree (which sadly aren't coming out so well), and I picked them to my hearts content. Now I'm going to take my bowl of wild grapes and make some grape jelly... .YUM!!

Needless to say, this has been quite a productive week indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment