Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sharing a Vision

This week I am so blessed to be able to come back to my old stomping grounds - Lancaster Bible College - for my first ever missionary conference as a missionary. The experience is amazing! Not only is it exciting to get to see old faces and share heart felt conversations, but it is also so cool to share my passion and vision for God's work at the Barn. I got to teach a session today about how the Para-church exists (or should exist) to serve the local-church. And the conversations were so renewing!

Though I did some bribe work to get people to come it - I gave out doughnuts, stood outside so people would remark 'oh he's a young missionary with a cool beard, lets go there', and I'd hound people endlessly - it was such a refreshing time. My old advisor for youth ministry and friend, Rich Rhoads, sat in on it even. We talked about why the para-church is here and about where it often goes wrong. We talked about how the Church often has a hole that needs filling - cause though it is ordained by God is is run by broken people - and the para-churches role should be to support the Church and help fill that need. But so often it tries instead to try to replace the Church. That needs to change.

It as just so awesome to me to share what God has been teaching me and to answer questions about it, and see students challenged by the topic. I'm stoked to have had the chance to teach and also to see what God does with the rest of this week! And so I peace out... I'll let you know what happens in the next few days...

P.S. Everyone should totally listen to 'The Rend Collective Experiment' they are new worship band from Ireland, and just that they are Ireland makes them the coolest ever... the link is below:


Peace out cub scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment