Friday, January 20, 2012

All My Fountains

Yesterday at the Barn I introduced a new song called, 'All My Fountains'. It was the first time we ever played it, and the first time I ever played it the whole way through (I'll be honest I kind of slacked a bit preparing it). We got up front (Sam on drums and Ian on guitar with me) and began to play, and I was amazed. It was as if we had been playing through the song for months and months together. Everything just seemed to fit (except the powerpoint slides I messed up).

It was really awesome for me. As I've told a lot of the students at the Barn, "I'm in a worship kick these days," and its true. I keep sensing God calling me deeper and deeper into what it means to really worship him with all my heart and soul - as well a encourage others to explore that. This is taking shape not only in Thursday night music, but in hopes to create a way to channel the creative talents (painting, writing, music, etc...) this Spring at a Silo Youth Cafe'.

I'm so so excited! I'm learning more and more each day that all my fountains need to be in God, as the song spoke about. I cannot be drawing from any other well other than the well of Christ. It is there alone that we find satisfaction and there alone that our hearts ripen into fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment