Monday, August 1, 2011

Adventure Is Out There

Today marks the first day of vacation for me! My first real day of vacation in about a year (cause I seem to use other vacation days to speak places). Needless to say, all that is about to come is much needed. We are finishing up the packing and every currently and hopefully by mid-afternoon will be headed out!

Please pray for me during this time, that I can use this time to better reflect on the nature and character of God, and that I can better reflect on the person that he has made me. I always love this time because it reminds me that there is still so much more out there to explore. Sometimes I feel so contained. There are moments, in the midst of life, where I feel like everything is undiscovered and I have nothing more to offer. When I go to my cabin, though, I am reminded that there is always something new to be discovered - and even if it has been discovered before there is so much still undiscovered by me.

So this week I'm seeking to explore the depths of the world. One friend of mine called it my 'Walden' experience, and in so many ways that's true. I will be escaping from the world for a week, and living in a land society has forgotten. I will be reflecting, learning, breathing and growing, and hopefully when I return I will have some words of wisdom to offer about my experience.

Catch you in a week,
Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment