Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting With It Again

Its been a while since I've updated here. I'm not quite sure why, because almost every week I think to myself, "You know I should write an article about that on the Barn Blog", but then I guess I forget. Summer has been a combination of super busy and super slow times. At some moments I want to share, but I don't have the time and at others I just don't feel like there is much to share about. But I guess there is always something to share about.

To be honest, I have not been as in tune as I should be, these days. I'm a bit out of sorts lately. Stuck, in some way or another, in what seems a different world, I'm unfamiliar with. A part of me is trying to discover something, while at the same time trying to keep momentum going for all the events and craziness going on around me. Needless to say, trying to do both of these things can throw a person out of whack easily. I don't feel bad that I'm out of whack, cause I know everyone gets there from time to time, I guess I'm just trying to learn from it.

That is, possibly, what I'm getting at by writing in here today. There are so many elements in life that can overwhelm us, but we can't give in to being overwhelmed, we must learn. Most of this Summer I've been overwhelmed and I'm trying now to push the pressure aside and look deep into the things that overwhelmed me. In this process I'm already seeing something beyond me that makes me smile. In this I see a great orchestration; a divine plan, and I see that I was asked to be a part of it.

So from now on this is my goal: to reflect rather than be overwhelmed. I want to see life through a new lens every day, as I try to see each day - and each element of each day - for what it is worth. There is so much that we can miss by allowing the weight of a day to sit upon us unlooked, and I don't want to miss a second of it.

-------------------
I hope this isn't as confusing as it sounded to me as I wrote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment